Lourdeshouse Maternity Home (located in suburban Harrisburg) is in need of the following items: paper plates, plastic cups, plastic cutlery, paper towels, toilet paper, napkins, dishwashing liquid, shampoo, conditioner, body wash, soap, lotion, sanitary napkins, pillows, window cleaner, Lysol spray, Pine Sol, bleach, copier paper, and size 4 diapers. To make a donation, please contact Sister Marie Aimee Finnegan at 717-412-4865. Thank you for your support!
Website for pro-life movie: http://gimmeshelterthemovie.com
From “A Woman’s Concern” Website
We’re Looking for One More Volunteer (and It Might be You!)
We admit it. We cannot operate this ministry without volunteer staff members who are willing to reach out and love the women who come through our doors. Volunteer staff is the heartbeat of the ministry, and we’re looking for (at least) one more. It might be you–if you have the qualifications.
- An attitude of hope and joy
- A love for hurting people
- A listening ear
- A few hours of available time
- A smile
If you have these qualities, we know you will fit in with our staff family. For information on the next volunteer training, call us today at 717-394-1561.
What You Can Do as a Volunteer
- Serve as a volunteer counselor, receptionist, or office volunteer.
- Plan a workday for your youth or women’s group at one of the centers.
- Host a baby shower at your church.
- Speak at your church or civic group about the sanctity of life and the work of A Woman’s Concern.
- Serve as a church liaison for our baby bottle fundraiser or walk for life.
- Organize the Sanctity of Life Sunday activities in your church.
- Volunteer your computer and organizational skills at our administrative office.
- Ask your pastor to preach on the sanctity of life and other related topics.
- Write a letter to the editor of your local newspaper.
Call us today at 717-394-1561. Make a difference in someone’s life.
Here is a tribute to the mother of somebody who attends the TLM at St. Joseph’s. She was a true pro-life warrior.